As a native of the Philadelphia region, Mike has spent a lifetime investigating the rich architectural legacy of the historic Delaware Valley from the cobblestone streets of Ole City in Philadelphia to the stone farmhouses of the Brandywine Valley. As a highly motivated and knowledgeable Real Estate Professional, he specializes in serving clients in the sale and purchase of unique and historic properties from walkable towns such as West Chester, Media, Swarthmore and Ardmore to traditional neighborhoods (e.g. Rittenhouse Square, Overbrook Farms) and suburbs of Philadelphia to the farms of Chester County. He is professional and detail-oriented throughout the entire real estate sales process.
Raised in Springfield, Delaware County, Mike grew to appreciate the diversity of the region’s built environment and how it shapes a sense of place for those who live there. From the founding of Philadelphia in 1682 by William Penn to the Railroad suburbs of the 19th Century and automobile suburbs of the 20th century, this region offers a variety of living arrangements and housing stock. Familiar with the diversity this region has to offer, he can assist you in discerning the pros and cons to meet your lifestyle needs.
Mike’s background is unique in that he came to the real estate business from an education in the Liberal Arts and Philosophy, attaining a master’s degree from the International Academy of Philosophy in Liechtenstein. Understanding the different ways human cultures shape building types and define spaces has been a personal interest of his for many years. Having traveled extensively throughout Europe from Oxford to Prague; the US from Santa Barbara to St. Augustine; Israel and Central America, he has grown in an appreciation of human creativity and diverse cultural achievements. As a longtime resident of West Chester Borough, Mike has been active in fostering our inherited sense of place by serving on the Historic and Architectural Review Board as well as having memberships in numerous architectural and preservation organizations.
He looks forward to being a resource to the real estate process in this region. Mike can be reached at 484.947.4975 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.Professional Experience:
- James A. Cochrane Inc. –Kimberton, Pa (August 2010– Present)
- Keller Williams Real Estate-Exton, Pa (2005 – August 2010)
- Extensive knowledge of the local region & housing stock.
- Excellent networking, communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal & listening skills.
- Proficient with multi-media advertising (digital photography, Photoshop, Publisher).
- Past Designations include AHS and ALHS
- Polley Associates Real Estate Education
- Association of Realtors School
- National Trust Historic Preservation: Architecture in America: International Origins & Influence
- Foundation for Architecture Course on Philadelphia Architecture
- Masters in Philosophy, International Academy of Philosophy in Liechtenstein
- National Association of Realtors & Suburban West Realtors Association
- The Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- West Chester’s Historical & Architectural Review Board
- Chester County Historical Society
- Chester County Historic Preservation Network
- The Brandywine Conservancy
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Lower Merion Conservancy
- The Preservation Alliance
“We are deeply grateful for you! For your availability, ability and love of all things Beautiful which enabled you to find this house and property. Then, for enduring the process of helping us discern and secure it. For all that you have had to survive (and always with a smile!!) We thank you a million times over.” –THE DRENNENS